Aldana, Jennifer
September 16, 2009
English 6A
Friends One Day Your Enemies The Next Day
A week after graduation my supposed best friend at the time Dolores, Yamili and other girls in our group were giving me advice, but in reality they were bullying me. I got a message through MySpace saying that I needed to pay them two hundred dollars within two weeks and if not, they were going to tell my mom that I have a boyfriend and that I was supposedly having sex adventures. When I got that message, I did not know what to do. I knew that if I told my mom she would become upset with me, so I told my brother Jose, and he sent them a message telling them to back off, or they are going to have problems with him. I still did not feel tranquil, so I told my boyfriend Daniel and my big brother Walter. All three of them told me to calm down, because they were not going to do anything to me. If they do, then they would have to face them. I tried to forget about everything, but in reality I knew this was not going to end. Another girl named Christine told me she could not believe how I had changed, and she never knew that I could act this way. I got tired of always being taken advantage of. They would take advantage of me by allowing them to copy my homework, letting them eat my food, and letting them say anything about me without saying anything back to them. I knew I needed to change.
This conflict started in April when they were judging my prom dress. According to them, it was the same color as another girl in my senior class, but in reality it was a different color. Dolores started saying that I was a slut, like Yamili’s ex boyfriend’s friends would say about me because I did not want to get with his friend Randy. Then the conflicts between Yamili, Dolores, and I started increasing. They were talking bad about my big brother, Walter and me. They were saying that we were together because of the way we were acting during prom. After all this conflict passed, I decided to talk to Daniel, a senior from Cathedral high school, but for the girls it was a bad decision. It was a bad decision because he was supposedly only with me to play around. The thing that got me more frustrated was that they did not know him and they were already judging him.
In July, the drama with the girls was increasing. My boyfriend Daniel’s friend sent them messages saying to stop because it was already going too far, but that didn’t stop them to keep bulling me. On July 16th, at 10:30p.m., I knew that it was my turn to stop this, so I decided to call Dolores. I asked her what is the reason why she was doing this because we were best friends since freshmen year of high school. She said that I was talking bad about her, but I was not. We were both screaming through the phone and I told her that we should leave all this drama behind because we both are in college. We are not in high school anymore. After I stormed out of my dorm, I hid in the restroom for about ten minutes. Nobody knew where I was, but when I came out, my blood pressure went really down. I almost fainted, but my friend Shareen was able to catch me. The next day, I got a call from Dolores saying, “Why don’t we try to solve this problem?” Me being so gullible, called her back, but when I called her back it was not pretty. When I called her, she was telling that I needed to do everything that she tells me to do. The problem is that she did not even know what she wanted me to do. The only thing that Dolores, Yamili, Christine, Veronica, Steven, and Marcela knew was that they wanted revenge. When I called her back, I thought we were going to solve our problems. Even though I knew that our friendship would not be the same again, it really hurt because we were best friends. She answered the phone, already knowing that there was going to be catch to it, I wasn’t too sure what she wanted, but I knew there was a scent of revenge in the air. Their priority was to get revenge no matter who they hurt. I started becoming more frightened because they threatened me that they were going to send the Mexican Mafia to come after me. I didn’t know what to do, I was last, confused, and scared for my life. One question kept going through my mind, what am I going to do?
This was when I knew that I could not control this anymore and I needed to ask mature people, like my parents, for help. During that time, I did not care if my mother would get mad at me, but I knew that she would help me no matter what. I am still her daughter. I was shocked when my mom told me that she was not mad at me, but she was worried because she knew these girls would not just leave it at that, they always crossed the line. I say this because they were the type that stole a girl’s I-pod because they did not like her anymore and stole food from the cafeteria. I knew that I am not going to pay the money, and I am not going to do what they tell me to do because I’m not a servant for them. Everybody started telling me to not answer the calls I don’t know.
Alexis’s dad is part of the FBI, and they have known me for four years and have cared about me a lot. They became worried, so they told me that I should put a restriction order. At first, I was thinking about it because my safety is important, but then I did not want it to happen because we been best friends since freshmen year of high school. I knew that Dolores’s boyfriend would go straight to jail because he already had a record in the police department. Alexis’s mom talked to her parents and they already knew what was happening but they were shocked because they never thought that their daughter would do that. The other girl’s parents still do not know.
It has already been three months since this drama has calmed down. Even though this friendship is over already it is still hard for me to trust those girls that call themselves my friends. Actually nobody won in this drama because in both ways everybody got hurt. Because of them I can no longer go to Santa Monica or walk around any streets. I am scared that they may do something to me. Since I can not drive to school, my parents drop me off inside the campus. I have not gotten any calls, but I know them really well. I know that they are going to let time pass, so I can feel confident that nothing would happen to me.
The lesson that I learned from this bullying is that you never really know who your friends really are. They may act one way in front of you and act another way when you are not there. Since the whole drama, I have noticed that you can’t tell secrets to other girls as they will reveal them. Even though they told me a lot of secrets, I am not going to say anything. As they told me those secrets, I decided not to say anything because we were friends. Friends do not want the worst for you. They want the best for you. So be careful and do not believe them when they say that they would never get mad at you because that is not true. Do not let other people tell you what to do; you should be able to make your own decisions. I have become stronger, and I have learned from my mistakes, which will help me in the future.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really admired your paper. I enjoyed how you gaev details and lots of descriptions about everyhting. Gets the reader very engaged in your paper. Your paper was well writen and I was always thinking as I read your paper what will happen next. I was in a situation just like your but in the end you will get over it.
ReplyDeleteI liked reading your story because you told it in an interesting way. You said every detail that happened this made me want to continue reading your story. At times it was a little confusing but it flowed really well. I also learned many lessons such as being careful who trust because one day they could call themselves your friends and the next day they could be your enemies.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAlright, I have a few things to say about your narrative, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible. For one, your story captures my attention, which isn't easy to do, but at times your writing drifts away from your focus point. I noticed your structure, syntax, and diction could still use a little brushing up; consider making a few tweaks before posting it up. Keep in mind that it bothers Ms. Lennon to see those things out in the public eye. Lastly, there is some information that is omitted that left me wondering. One example of this is your very first paragraph where you mentioned your friend giving you "advice." Personally, I wanted to know what that "advice" was they were bullying you with. Now that I'm done, I can finally say great story, and I hope to read more from you.
ReplyDeleteyour story jenny is interesting but at some point i wanted to read more but there were parts missing.Also make sure you proof read it because i did catch some little errors.But over all you narrative is pretty good.
ReplyDeleteI really liked your narrative from the first time I read it. I just think it got so detailed or too descriptive and it some what lose me around it. Over all your narrative had a great structure and great struggle but I don't think I hear the turning point or the solution.
ReplyDeleteI thought your paper was very descriptive and dramatic. As I read I could feel myself being bullied and harassed. I enjoyed your narrative, great job.
ReplyDeleteI really admired your paper. I enjoyed how you made the paper very detailed to give me an understanding of how you truely felt. I applaud you for handling the situation the mature way and not reacting to how you so called friends were treating you. Stay strong and positive and dont worry about people who will stress you out anyway.
ReplyDelete